Halloween is coming up in ten days. My neighbors love Halloween. They have bones and lights and graveyards in their front yards. We do have a few cute decorations up for my kids. I have to admit that Halloween is not my favorite day. It creeps me out. I don’t want to watch scary movies or go to haunted houses. Honestly, I just want to fast forward to Thanksgiving.
Lately, I have been having nightmares. It is like I am being attacked. In my bible study, the leader asked who has had demonic attacks since they started attending the weekly bible study. Almost everyone raised their hands.
In one way I am excited. God must have some amazing things planned for me, if Satan is sending out his demons to attack me. On the other hand, I am not liking the attacks. I know God is there for me. God is bigger and stronger. I have nothing to fear with God by my side. I have to increase my prayer time with God.
God will fight for us in the heavenly realm.We are not wrestling with people. There is a battle going on the heavenly realms. In the highest order of the celestial hierarchy, God is fighting for us. There are spiritual hosts of wickedness attacking me. God is protecting me and my family.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
— Ephesians 6:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
I have to put on the armour of God. How do I do that?
- Gird your waist with truth – Read the bible for us to learn God’s pure truth
- Breastplate of righteousness – Protect our hearts with faith and love for God
- Shield of faith – Believe in God to protect ourselves from the fiery darts of the wicked one
- Helmet of salvation – Believe in the power of Jesus Christ, who died for our sins, freed us and gave us salvation
- Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God – The power of the Holy Spirit is available to us when we read scriptures
- Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit – We can be filled with the Holy Spirit and empowered, when we pray
- Speak boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel – The Holy Spirit fills us up, when we read the gospel. God will reveal the mysteries of the gospel to us, so we can stand while the evil one throws fiery darts at us.
God will fight for us.
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
— Ephesians 6:13-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
I hope you are not having nightmares. If you are, join me in praying away the nightmares. Read the scriptures and pray. Ask your church to pray for you. God is almighty. God is sovereign. God always wins. God will fight your battles for you.